Monday, December 04, 2006

Snow-covered persimmons


They called off the power outage, I still don't know if it all was a rumour or not. But it doesn't really matter, they cut off our power supply most nights anyway, and sometimes during the day. Today it started at 6.30 A.M. and it'll probably continue to...God knows. Nothing is certain in Tajikistan. Well, maybe death. Definitely not taxes.
The diesel-powered heater we had broke, so now we're totally dependent on power to heat up the house. The other day I could see my own breath hanging in the air in the bathroom. Not a good sign.
So it's been snowing quite alot the past few days, and we still haven't picked our persimmons. Doesn't really matter, I can get better ones from the market for no money at all.
And I don't know why the text is jumbled all of a sudden. Stupid blog.

No comments: